Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Newport After Dark


Recently I was in Newport Beach for a wedding and I couldn't help snapping a few pictures on my journey back to my hotel room. Between the lighting on the hotel grounds and the interesting lamp posts, my 5-minute trek turned into more of a 20-minute detour. Well worth it, I think. Since my husband was with me, I tried to hurry and only take pictures of things that really moved me. However, once I took one picture I just kept thinking, "oh, wow, I what if I shot it this way?"

Needless to say, I'm lucky to have such a patient husband.


One of the lessons I remember hearing a lot is to experiment with photography. You never know what will be an interesting shot until you try to shoot it. This impromptu photo session was my "experimental play" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment